Maytentions

by Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks on May 1, 2014

Y’all, it was a ROUGH winter. It was cold. And snowy. And then, it somehow got colder and snowier. And it lasted forever. Good grief. Now that we’ve entered what’s known as spring (in other words, temps in the 40s and 50s, and lots and lots of rain), it feels like it’s flying by. Where oh where did April go? Nevertheless, here’s a quick recap of how I did with my intentions in April…

Results - April 2014

Work It Out! My goal was to complete 30 workouts in 30 days. Kind of like last month, I didn’t workout everyday, did doubles other days and finished the month with a few blank days. I’m good with it. It felt good. I ran a (5K) race with girlfriends and signed up for a half marathon this fall. The question is what races, if any, I’ll run between now and then.

Get ‘Er Done! I made another goal to write about Italy. And, y’all, I hope I didn’t disappoint. I wrote about Milan, Genoa, Cinque Terre, Florence and Lake Como. I can finally check that looming goal off my list!

Intentions - May 2014

When I think of May, I think of planting flowers (in these parts), growing grass and a feeling of rejuvenation. My goals this month reflect the feelings of spring.

Eat Clean! I know this term means different things to different people. So, let me briefly say that I want to clean up my act. I need to reach for fruit more than chocolate. I need to watch portion control. I need to be more thoughtful about what I’m eating, rather than just blindly letting my wants guide me. It’s a few small adjustments, but ones that need to be purposeful.

Smooth Thy Heels! This winter was rough on my skin. My feet are painfully dry, as are my hands. This month is all about pampering my hands, feet, elbows, knees and more in anticipation of warm summer days wearing sundresses and sandals. Again, I only need to make some moderate adjustments to my everyday routine, but I need this goal so that I am purposeful about caring for my body.

Do you have any traditions to welcome spring? How do you care for your body when its seen better days? Do you have any goals for the upcoming month?

For related blog posts, please visit my being intentional page.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

lisacng May 1, 2014

We should have checked in more than once in April for our workouts ;). No worries. I didn’t do 30 but it was 16 more than I did in March :D. Oh my gosh, my heels too!!! Need some major TLC!

nora May 1, 2014

It’s hard for me to count my workouts because I do workout six days a week, and some of those workout sessions include more than one type of workout (such as an arms-only targeted video, tread climbing + a run, all in one session). Does that count as 3 workouts or just one? I never know. At any rate, I got in 25 workout sessions which to me is a big win! I’ve been more food conscious as a result of the working out stuff, and while it’s not always easy it’s kind of fun to be able to say no to chocolate and yes to greek yogurt or a cup of tea or another serving of vegetables. Kind of :)

D is rather fanatical about our yard so there has been fertilizer and grass seedlings, lots of watering said yard (thankful for the rain!) and then since we have perennials, we get to watch them bloom and grow and I think that’s my favorite. It’s amazing to me how quickly some of our plants shoot up!

Kelly May 2, 2014

Great job with all the workouts! :) I’m aiming for 3-4 a week right now, so I’m not sure what that will equal out in the end, assuming I keep up with it- which I think I will.
After bugging you to do all your Italy posts, I’m now behind on reading them. I think I only have 1 more to go though. I LOVE looking at the pictures and reading about your experience.

Marie May 2, 2014

I REALLY need to watch my eating. I’m getting really angry at myself. I constantly want sugar (i.e. pastries or chocolate) and it’s not helping. I also need to get back to working out. After I got sick about two weeks ago, I stopped working out. This happened before about a year and a half ago and same thing, I just stopped working out all together. Then never got back into it.

Grrrrr self!

Lisa of Lisa's Yarns May 4, 2014

April DID fly by! I hope that May brings warmer weather and less rain! My goal for April was 30 in 30, thanks to being motivated by you, and I was able to accomplish that (which became easier when i wasn’t working).

My goal for May is to keep calm and move home. Ha. I feel like I have a lot of balls in the air right now and a lot of details related to my move have shifted around, like the date I can move into my condo, and the dates the movers come to pack/load me, etc. So I am trying to keep calm and focus on the excitement of my move. I’m also going to try for 31 in 31, which should be pretty easy since I am not working for most of the month…

Ally May 5, 2014

I’m so glad you finally reached your goal to write those Italy posts :)

I’m ready to have fitness goals but since my knee is still sore from regular activity I’m icing it instead of walking or running….but I’m so glad to be on the right trajectory! I want to lose my last 2-3 lbs to be pre-both children pregnancy weight and hope to do so by the end of this month. Now that I’ve weaned Ella Kate it will be easier (although not being able to exercise makes it a little harder). Keep up your awesome workouts! I’m always inspired by your goals.

Mel Heth May 7, 2014

I seem to welcome spring by doing some shopping every year – pretty much for summer clothes since the temps start to rise earlier out here. I bought two sun dresses at Target last month and have been delighted to wear both. :) So glad you met your Italy blogging goal – I so loved reading all your posts!! And rock on with your workout goals! I need to sign up for a race…..

Sandra May 17, 2014

May is such a big month for us. 2 birthdays, Mother’s Day, music concerts, school performances, field trips, and more. My big May thing is starting my garden. I haven’t yet, but since that was SNOW we had on Friday, I’m glad I haven’t yet. My exercise goal is 3x per week of cardio. I’ve stuck to it and am feeling really good. So proud, and intend to keep it up. :)

Humor me by sharing your thoughts!

Previous post: